[ SDF Public Access UNIX System .. Est. 1987 ]
join welcome faq status members projects store tour gopher abuse dialup minecraft social
tilde nihongo europa webmail gallery usermap irc tutorials software telnet git ssh
E-Mail Blacklist Issues
Because SDF is a public unix, there are many users, and many emails being sent.
Sometimes, some users can get SDF into trouble with their actions, unintentional or not. When this happens,
you may not be able to send emails to people at some other Internet Service Providers. You may get emails with
subject Returned mail: see transcript for details including error message like the
following after sending mail to these correspondees:
- (reason: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [126.96.36.199] weren't sent. Please contact
your Internet se...ail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
- 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 188.8.131.52 temporarily deferred due to user complaints -
184.108.40.206; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html.. Deferred: 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages
from 220.127.116.11 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 18.104.22.168; see
- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors... (reason: 554 resimta-ch2-19v.sys.comcast.net resimta-ch2-19v.sys.comcast.net 22.214.171.124 found on
one or more DNSBLs, see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL001000)
If this happens, aside from contacting membership on bboard REQUESTS, you can also try to get SDF off
blacklist for your emails to your correspondee.
Fill out forms for the following ISPs. you may need to create an account of your own on the target ISP so
you will also be a customer. You should go ahead and represent yourself as a representative of SDF.
Stuff to know:
- SDF server mail IP = 126.96.36.199
- SDF mail server IP = mx.sdf.org
- SDF mail reverse DNS = mx.sdf.org
- SDF mail contact, you and/or email@example.com
List of Forms and Related pages for major ISPs that may block SDF mail
Other items to check out:
$Id: e-mail-blacklist-issues.html,v 1.11 2020/08/11 14:40:49 papa Exp $
©1987-2065 SDF Public Access UNIX System, Inc. 501(c)(7)
(this page was generated using ksh, sed and awk)