[ SDF Public Access UNIX System .. Est. 1987 ]
join welcome faq status members projects store tour gopher abuse dialup dsl minecraft social
tilde nihongo europa webmail gallery usermap teach irc tutorials software telnet ssh
Connecting to MSN Instant Messaging Network from SDF
You can connect to MSN network using one of the varoius clients avilable in SDF...
known as cim is a fork of CenterICQ.
CenterIM will try to connect to the MSN nework, you can select your contacts
using the arrow keys and press the Enter key to start a chat window.
CTRL+x sends the message.
- Run centerim from the shell.
- The first time you will be greted with the configuration screen
you can use your left arrow to select Done and press
- With down arrow key move until msn's protocol Login
option is selected and press Enter
- Fill in your msn username (i.e.: firstname.lastname@example.org) and press
- Select Password field and press Enter to fill in
- With arrow keys select Done and press Enter
After this, Finch will try to connect to MSN network.
- Press ALT + a and select Accounts.
- Select Add to open the New Account dialog box.
- Choose MSN from the Protocol select box.
- Fill the Username and Password fields.
- Using the TAB move to Accept and press
©1987-2065 SDF Public Access UNIX System, Inc. 501(c)(7)
(this page was generated using ksh, sed and awk)